7.15.2010

tutorial: pleated picture frame



We are just tickled to share our new tutorial with you! This is such a simple and inexpensive way to turn pictures into a true work of art. It's called a Pleated Picture and we want to show you step by step how to make one! The possibilities are endless when it comes to a pleated picture. I have one in my home and I use it to display pictures, ticket stubs, and other paper memorabilia from a favorite vacation. And it's so easy to switch it out every now and then. Did someone have a baby and send you a baby announcement? Put the baby announcement and other pictures into a pleated picture and give it to them as a gift. Did you get a wedding announcement? This is a very fun way to display the happy couple's picture and announcement that will be cherished for years to come. Now lets get started!

First of all, find the perfect frame. You can go out and buy a brand new one, or try the frugal route and find one around your home or thrift store. Keep an open mind and remember that some of the ugliest frames just need a little paint and tlc to reveal their true beauty!

The number of strips you will need is determined by how tall your cardstock base is. My base was 10” tall, so I cut out 10 strips. If your base is 12” tall, you will need 12 strips. Pretty simple.
  

26 comments:

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Fabulous idea!! I would like to use that same technique on a big bulletin board.

debi said...

That is a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

What a great idea. TFS!!

Jami said...

ooohhh! So cool! I can't wait to try it!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

VERY cute idea! I could see that morphing into so many other crafts... love it!

Paula said...

Love this idea! Thanks for posting.

Kelley said...

This is a great project...it really comes in handy and has sooo many great ways to work it into your home. I found some great paper and made one too.

Kristy said...

Thanks for posting such a detailed tutorial for this - I've definitely saved it to use in the future.

Lolo said...

Here from New Friend Friday! Great idea, and I like Haley's idea of using it on a bulletin board. I may have to do it for back to school!

Staci J said...

What a great idea!! I LOVE the pleats! Visiting from justsewsassy.com

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

What a cute and clever idea! Add some embellishments and use it for weddings/showers/birthdays. Excellent how to.

Ron Cooper said...

I’m following you now on Blog Hop Friday! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Great tutorial! I may have to give this one a try. Have a great weekend!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Casey and Nichole said...

You are amazing!!!! You have the best ideas EVER!!! We need to have a craft day!! At Bear Lake???
XOXOXO Nichole

Sassy Sites! said...

I featured you on my blog at Sassy Sites! Cute blog!! Come by and check out ours! ;)

Sassy Sites! said...

Thanks for the correction. I corrected it on my blog! ;)

Together We Save said...

Wonderful idea!! Very cute!

Jessica Hills said...

That is such a great idea! Thanks for linking to FTF!

Playing Sublimely said...

Where has your blog been all my life ;)...nice to meet you!
Amy

JHill said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

Kelley said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have an award for you.

Have a great week!

Amy said...

Great idea. I am actually going to 2 weddings within the next week. I will definitely use this as the gift! Wonderful love this!

* Nancy * said...

loves this idea! thanks for sharing.

Gretchen Seefried said...

thx so much for telling me about Feed Your Soul! What a find! Will tell my broke college kids too!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, that is so cute! I love this idea! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

Scrappy Gifts said...

Wow this is awesome! I love being able to change pictures up!
Gave you a blog award at my craft blog here: http://craftymommydiva.blogspot.com/2010/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html