5.18.2010

cupcakes

I love making cupcakes, because they are so yummy and they can be so cute! I love finding cute cupcake liners [I collect them], but I hate it when they blend in with the cupcake after I pull them out of the oven. You know what I mean? So, in an effort to find cupcake papers that don't fade in the oven, I found these darling cupcake papers at Fancy Flours and... oh my! I'm in love! To use them, you cook your cupcakes with ordinary [cheap] cupcake liners and then you wrap these cupcake papers around your cupcakes when you are done decorating. So cute, right?

 
Unfortunately, these little cupcake papers can be a bit pricey... so I made up my own template which you can download here. Making my own is so much more fun, because I can use any paper I want [not to mention the fact that I am saving money]! To make your own cupcake papers, all you have to do is download and print off the template, trace it onto cute paper, secure it together with a little hot glue, and place your cupcake inside. So easy!!

This adorable cupcake was decorated using the cupcake paper template:

18 comments:

Diane@inMyOwnStyle said...

These are great. I am away from home right now and reading your posts ina hotel lobbty with no printer to download this template. Can't wait to do it when I get home.

Diane

Kari @ Ucreate said...

Thanks so much for sharing these with me!! I will be featuring a couple of your tutorials with my readers tomorrow morning and sending them your way! Thanks!!

Jen said...

oh so cute!!! Thank you for sharing!! :)

jessprof said...

Just curious as to what type of icing that is, and how you "piped" it on?

Mindy said...

Very cute! What a great way to personalize for a baby shower or party! I am totally downloading for a bday party this month. can't wait to link it!

Hizzeather said...

Thank you! <3

(un)Deniably Domestic said...

Thank you for sharing your super template. My girls are excited to create their own cupcake sleeves! So I won't forget and so more people can share in this fun, I have posted your link to my blog. Thank you, your blog is wonderful. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Bec said...

I'm unable to download the template for some reason (and I'm usually really good with computers :-( ). Is there any way you can email me one, please? rebeccabailey@Hotmail.com
Thanks so much!

Megan said...

Thanks so much for this cute idea! I too had see the ones at Fancy Flours and loved them. Thanks for creating this template! I'm going to use it in Photoshop to create personalized liners for a luao birthday party I'm doing and a dinosaur baby shower I'm throwing, too!

AubreyRose @ My Simple Everyday said...

These are great! I will def be using the template for a baptism I am helping to decorate next month!

Coleen said...

Found you via Scrapscene. I"m following you and have promoted this cute craft on my crafty Facebook fan page. You can find it by searching for vintageterrace2.
Would love it if you followed on my blog as well.
Coleen

Eileen said...

Very cute idea...however, is there anyway to get the template without having to download software? any chance you can email me the template?
ek1106@triad.rr.com
...many thanks!

Michelle said...

I am in love!! Thank you for this template! I linked back to you on my blog!!! http://itsahandmadelife.blogspot.com/2010/11/pretty-platter-reveal.html

Heide said...

Found this in today's Tip Junkie email. I am super-excited to try this!

Emily said...

I love your site.... I linked you back to my blog :)
www.sweetlyscrappedart.blogspot.com

Emily

Karrens said...

These are awesome...thanks for sharing!

BURUNDANGUITAS CRAFT STUDIO said...

this is so cute, tks for sharing. love, dalys

Robina said...

Hi! I'd love to have the template, but really don't want to download software also. Can you email it to me, pretty puhleeease? Thanks!
robin.l.wilson@gmail.com

~Robin